Does your family need a family dentist? Well, you're in luck. Dr. Christopher Schneider, located in Streamwood, IL, can help your family keep their smile in top-notch condition.
How to Care for your Oral and Dental Hygiene
There are basic things everyone should do to keep healthy:
- You should have an oral and dental examination every six months.
- In addition to visiting your doctor, maintaining a healthy oral habit is essential. Flossing your teeth before bed will also help preserve your teeth and reduce the plaque buildup.
- Make sure to brush your teeth twice a day; brush your teeth after you eat breakfast and before bed with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Spend two full minutes brushing your teeth and tilt your brush at a 45-degree angle to ensure you remove as much food debris as possible.
Oral hygiene isn't the only way to care for your teeth:
- Avoid eating sugary foods, like sodas and candy.
- Drink plenty of water, which can wash away food particles.
- Resort to a healthier diet, like apples and carrots, which help scrape off tartar from the surface of your teeth.
Preventative Care Procedures in Streamwood
Bondings and Fillings: They are a great way to protect your teeth. They can be accomplished in one visit; the procedure may take about 30 minutes to an hour. Composite also strengthens your teeth and fixes issues like chips and cracks, fractures, decay, discolored or stained teeth, and short teeth. Bondings and fillings preserve your teeth and require the same care as your natural teeth.
Procedure: Your family dentist will clean your teeth to ensure they're plaque-free. Then they'll etch your teeth with an acidic gel that will open pores on the surface of your teeth. They'll rinse off any etching material with composite resin that matches the color of your teeth and harden the composite in place with a curing light before shaping your teeth into the right form.
For more information on what your family dentists can provide you and your family, you should contact your Streamwood, IL, family dentist Dr. Christopher Schneider of Streamwood Smiles at (630) 289-7111 today!